All about softlifting with Silhouette Soft
SILHOUETTE SOFT – Firm skin without surgery
I am pleased to announce that I am expanding my program and now offer Silhouette Soft Thread Lifting in my practice in Munich. The technique, also known as “softlifting”, is a real alternative to surgical facelift. In order to be able to competently advise and treat my patients, I recently completed extensive advanced training with surgeon Dr. Sandra Moritz in Silhouette Soft. And now I am available for my patients with advice and support!
Silhouette Soft ideally complements my program. Even sophisticated facelifts are now no longer a problem. And the results are characterized by long durability. In this post, I want to give you a detailed look at softlifting with Silhouette Soft.
These are the topics:
Softlifting without scalpel with Silhouette Soft
WHEN SILHOUETTE SOFT?
With age, the skin loses elasticity. Muscle and fatty tissue are broken down. The bones also change. In the face, this leads to a noticeable sagging: the once youthful “V” shape turns into a distinct “O”. Visually, this often has a detrimental effect. Therefore, many patients are unhappy with the development and seek remedies.
For a long time, surgical facelift was the only way out. In the process, the skin was tightened with a scalpel. Excess tissue was removed. However, a facelift is a complex procedure, with correspondingly high risks. It is also costly. Therefore, not a solution for everyone.
Softlifting with Silhouette Soft offers an interesting alternative. In many cases, it is in no way inferior to the facelift. But it is much less risky. And usually less expensive, too.
SILHOUETTE SOFT vs. PDO Thread Lifting
PDO threads are a first step towards facelift without surgery. Whether as a stand-alone solution or in combination with Botox and Hyaluron: in many cases good results are possible with PDO threads. Without reaching for the scalpel. And all this at low cost and without downtime. For very many applications, PDO threads are therefore still the means of choice.
PDO threads are nevertheless limited. On the one hand, in the range of possible applications. This is because even the strongest threads are often not strong enough to provide a sufficient lifting effect. On the other hand, in the durability of the results. Because after 9-12 months, there is often not much left to see from the lifting. It is true that the threads also activate collagen production. And thus also achieve a certain tissue tightening. But this is usually not enough to get rejuvenating effects permanently.
SILHOUETTE SOFT: real facelift without surgery
Softlifting with Silhouette Soft threads now goes one step further. Since their market launch in 2006, polylactic acid (PLA) filaments have been a real alternative to facelifts in many cases. Like PDO threads, Silhouette Soft threads dissolve in the body over time and are fully absorbed. However, they differ from the former primarily in two aspects:
- While PDO threads are anchored in the tissue by means of barbs, Silhouette Soft threads have freely movable, cone-shaped resistance bodies. They allow the exact and firm placement of the thread in the tissue. This enables precise control over traction and lifting effect during soft lifting.
- PDO threads are usually laid in one direction only. Facelifts that require working in different directions are therefore not possible. In contrast, Silhouette Soft threads are laid with a double needle. This allows laying in different directions. And with it, complex applications for softlifting.
The third advantage of Silhouette Soft is its long durability. The results are often still visible after 2 years.
Indications for SILHOUETTE SOFT
Silhouette Soft is suitable for many applications. These include drooping (“ptosis”) of the eyebrows, ptosis of the cheeks, ptosis of the chin and corners of the mouth, and sagging neck.
Softlifting is thus also suitable for all applications in which PDO threads are used. However, since SILHOUETTE SOFT is priced above a PDO thread lift, it is also a matter of cost which technique is used. I always recommend Silhouette Soft to my patients in Munich when the achievable success justifies the additional costs.
A “Bella Hadid Browlift“, for example, is only optimally possible with Silhouette Soft threads. Even the strongest PDO threads are only enough for subtle effects here. And even that often only when pretreated with Botox. With Silhouette Soft, however, convincing results with individual looks are possible. In addition, with a long shelf life.
How do SILHOUETTE SOFT threads work?
Softlifting with Silhouette Soft works in two ways:
- The threads stimulate the formation of new collagen in the skin. The effect is permanent. Even when the sutures themselves are resorbed, the new collagen remains. And thus provides a lasting tightening.
- On Silhouette Soft threads are small cones. They anchor the threads in the tissue. The principle is the same as for barbed PDO threads. But the fabric resistance is much greater and thus the anchoring much stronger.
Both the cones and the sutures grow into the tissue. This creates the lifting effect. Over the course of several months, they then dissolve and are absorbed by the body. Thanks to the newly formed collagen bridges, the tightening effect remains for several months. Even if threads and cones are already dissolved.
Silhouette Soft thread lift in 1-2 hours
What is the procedure for a softlift?
A Silhouette Soft Lifting lasts incl. Preparation 90-120 minutes. The procedure takes place under local anesthesia and is largely painless.
The laying of the threads is done to the millimeter. Therefore, the treatment starts with the exact marking of the entry and exit points. After thorough cleaning and disinfection, the sutures are placed in the subcutaneous fat tissue using thin needles. At a depth of about 5 mm.
In Silhouette Softlifting, the needle is passed under the skin from the point of insertion to the point of exit. The thread is aligned, cut behind the exit point and the end is placed invisibly under the skin.
The other end of the thread is then inserted and laid with the second needle. The cones strung on Silhouette Soft threads point in opposite directions. This allows a strong tightening. Patients can examine the result during the treatment and influence it according to their wishes.
At the end, the entry and exit holes are sealed by means of wound plasters (so-called “steristrips“) and the sutures are fixed. The patches must be worn for 3 days.
What should be observed after SILHOUETTE SOFTLIFTING?
The aftercare of a Silhouette soft lift is as follows:
- After completion of the treatment, treated areas are cooled with cold packs for about 10 minutes.
- Suture entry and exit sites should be treated with antibiotic ointment for 5 days to prevent infection.
- Feelings of tension, reminiscent of sore muscles, are common in the first few days after treatment. Common painkillers such as ibuprofen 400 or 600 mg help well against this. The pain can last for a week, and in rare cases, two.
- In the first 2 weeks after the treatment you should avoid massages, direct sun and solarium. In addition, if possible, sleep on your back.
- Sports, sauna, hammam, massages and grimaces of any kind must be avoided for 3 weeks. Likewise, dental visits that require you to open your mouth wide.
A Silhouette thread lift does not entail any downtime. However, they are also not immediately fully socially acceptable again. The restrictions are necessary on the one hand to promote healing; on the other hand, so as not to jeopardize the success of the treatment. Wound plasters must also be worn to hold the freshly laid sutures in place. Ideally, schedule treatment so that it does not conflict with important appointments.
When will the results become visible?
After the treatment with SILHOUETTE SOFT, the first tightening is immediately visible. The final result appears gradually and is fully visible after 3-6 months. The effect can be enhanced or nuanced with hyaluron. The result lasts for about 18-24 months after that.
No serious side effects with softlifting
Risks and side effects
The side effect profile of Silhouette Soft is similar to that of a PDO thread lift: pulling pain and stretching sensations after treatment, as well as temporary swelling and bruising, are normal for several days, but then subside. They restrict one in everyday life, although they do not lead to a real “downtime”. Treated patients must be careful when eating and grimacing, sports and violent movements should be avoided for a few days. Dental visits should be postponed. On the one hand, this serves patient comfort, but on the other hand, it prevents sutures from slipping or tearing before they have integrated into the tissue.
Despite all caution, however, threads can wander. They then extend out of the skin at one end, or are suddenly felt in the oral cavity. Such (rare) complications sound spectacular, but they are not. Usually it is enough to cut off the ends of the thread. In more complex cases, the torn end of the suture is removed completely.
When is SILHOUETTE SOFT not recommended?
The treatment is contraindicated in case of intolerance to the materials used. In addition, in the case of acute infection or the presence of an autoimmune disease. No lifting technique is recommended when taking a blood thinning medication at the same time, not even a soft lift. If possible, the medication should be discontinued 14 days before treatment. A Silhouette soft lift will also not be successful in cases of severe excess tissue. In this case, only a surgical facelift will help.
Prices for Silhouette Softlifting at LIPS and SKIN (indicative)
SILHOUETTE SOFT Cost
A Silhouette soft lift is billed according to the German Medical Fee Schedule (GOÄ). The price depends on the number of threads and the circumstances of the individual case. As an approximate guide for Silhouette costs I can mention:
- Approximately 620-800 Euro for a soft lift with 2 Silhouette Soft threads (1x per side). This would be equivalent to an eyebrow lift.
- Approximately 1800-2200 Euro for a soft lift with 6 Silhouette Soft threads (3x per side). This would be equivalent to a cheek lift with tightening of the nasolabial fold or the lower jaw contour (jawline). 6 sutures are also needed for a neck lift.
- Approximately 2900-3200 Euro for a complete soft lift of the face (10 Silhouette Soft threads)
- Approximately 3700-4000 Euro for a complete soft lift of face and neck (12 Silhouette Soft threads)
For a softlifting consultation (30 minutes) I charge a flat rate of 75 €.